Kinect to launch with 17 Titles in November!!
Yoga, Zumba and dance. A hedgehog, sorcerer and lion cub. Rapids, moguls and race tracks. Microsoft Corp. today unveiled 17 ways for you to jump into the action with the final launch lineup of games for Kinect for Xbox 360. Completely free from controllers, Kinect immerses you in dance, fitness, racing, sports, action, adventure and party games, offering something for everyone on your holiday gift list.
“The line-up of games we are launching along with Kinect delivers an astonishing range of experiences and entertainment which can be enjoyed by everyone,”
said Chris Lewis, vice president of IEB, Microsoft EMEA.
“Kinect creates a more natural and responsive experience for people of all interests and skill levels. That’s why we are so excited to offer people something truly unique that exists nowhere else.”
Nineteen Kinect-enabled game titles from the industry’s biggest publishers will debut in November, including “Dance Central” (MTV Games/Harmonix), winner of the Game Critics “Best Original Game” Award at E3 2010. From the minds behind the ground-breaking “Rock Band” franchise, “Dance Central” gets everyone off the couch and onto the dance floor, ushering in a brand new era in music games.
“‘Dance Central’ is a first-of-its-kind game that simply wasn’t possible without Kinect,”
said Alex Rigopulos, CEO and co-founder of Harmonix Music Systems.
“Kinect enabled us to breathe new life into the dance genre with an extraordinary, full-body gameplay experience that anyone can enjoy.”
Family Game Night…With a Kinect Twist
Befriend a playful tiger cub, collect treasures from around the globe, or cast a spell in the wizarding world. Whether adopting a new family pet in “Kinectimals” (Frontier Developments Ltd./Microsoft Game Studios), or embarking on a wet and wild rafting trip in “Kinect Adventures” (Good Science Studio/Microsoft Game Studios), Kinect for Xbox 360 is the one gift the whole family will enjoy this holiday season.
· “Kinect Adventures” (Good Science Studio/Microsoft Game Studios) – included with every Kinect sensor – 10th November. Float in outer space. Experience the thrill of roaring rapids. Tackle mountaintop obstacle courses. And dive into the deep to save a leaky underwater observatory — all from your living room. With “Kinect Adventures,” you are the controller as you jump, dodge and kick your way through exciting adventures set in a variety of exotic locations. “Kinect Adventures” is designed with something for everyone to enjoy and will be available with every Kinect sensor and Kinect bundle sold.
· “Kinectimals” (Frontier Developments Ltd./Microsoft Game Studios) – 10th November. “Kinectimals” invites children, their parents and animal lovers of all ages to build lasting friendships with some of the world’s most exotic creatures. Just like real pets, your feline cubs will come running when they hear your voice, respond to commands such as “jump,” “roll over” and “play dead,” and purr with joy when you scratch them behind their ears. Limited collector’s editions include a 7” plush toy that can be scanned into the game to unlock a new collectible cub.
· “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 The Videogame” (Electronic Arts/EA Bright Light) – 19 November. “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows — Part 1 The Videogame” is the most challenging yet, packed from start to finish with action and combat. Playing as Harry, you are on the run from the opening sequence, fighting for survival on a desperate and dangerous quest to locate and destroy Voldemort’s Horcruxes. And with 22 exclusive Kinect challenges, conjure the weapons of magical warfare where your motions make the magic, only on Xbox 360.
· “Game Party™: In Motion” (Warner Bros. Interactive) – 26th November. The popular party game value series comes to Kinect for Xbox 360. “Game Party: In Motion” lets players engage in true-to-life motions with 16 games appealing to people of all ability levels, ranging from sports such as Hoop Shoot and Darts to arcade and party games, including Rootbeer Tapper, Table Hockey and more.
Off the Couch and into the Gym
Kinect gives you all new ways to swing, sweat and step up your workout with a range of dance and fitness games. From martial arts to yoga to a variety of activities in “Your Shape: Fitness Evolved” (Ubisoft) to the high-energy rhythm of “Zumba Fitness®” (Majesco), you’ve never had a living room workout like this before.
· “Dance Central™” (MTV Games/Harmonix) – 10th November. From the creators of “Rock Band” comes the next great music experience: “Dance Central,” the first controller-free, body tracking, fully-immersive dance video game that helps you take your moves to the next level. Featuring over 90 routines and 650 dance moves, every routine has authentic choreography for beginners and experts alike to master, alongside a killer soundtrack that spans today’s current pop, hip-hop and R&B artists. You won’t just learn the dance moves, you’ll own the dance floor.
· “Your Shape™: Fitness Evolved” (Ubisoft) – 11th November. With Kinect for Xbox 360 and “Your Shape: Fitness Evolved,” you will experience the most advanced fitness technology available, your way and on your schedule. The advanced feedback system detects when your body is out of alignment and coaches you to correct your form. Personalize your workout, challenge your friends, and share your progress while achieving real results.
· “The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout” (THQ) – 10th November. Based on the hit television show, “The Biggest Loser” comes to Kinect offering the ultimate workout experience. Complete your fitness program using the interactive motion control sensors providing real-time feedback. From a body analyzer to recipes, personalized tips and a video diary to track your journey, “The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout” fitness game has it all to drop the weight and change your life.
· “EA SPORTS Active 2” (EA SPORTS) – 19th November. “EA SPORTS Active 2” with Total Body Tracking will combine motion tracking from Kinect and heart rate data from the included wireless heart rate monitor to provide true fitness results. Users will be able to track and share their workout data online through automatic uploading from their online connected Xbox 360 consoles to their personalized EA SPORTS Active profile.
· “Zumba Fitness®” (Majesco) – 26th November. Join the party with Zumba Fitness®, a one-of-a-kind, dance fitness workout set to sexy, high-energy Latin and international music! Find your rhythm and let go as Zumba instructor fan favorites Gina Grant, Tanya Beardsley and Zumba’s creator Beto guide you through 30 routines that will work you into a sweat and make you forget you’re even exercising.
· “Get Fit With Mel B” (Black Bean Games/Lightning Fish) – 25th November. “Get Fit with Mel B” is a comprehensive and energetic customizable workout program developed in collaboration with Mel B and Fitness First. It is the only fitness title that brings the player inside the game just beside Mel B as your personal trainer! It features 199 exercises spanning from aerobics to fit boxe and cardio along with a nutritional program with 140 recipes tailored for each individual user.
· “DanceEvolution” (Konami) – 10th November. KONAMI introduces a brand new way to experience music and rhythm. The next generation in full body dancing is finally here! DanceEvolution utilizes Kinect to give gamers the ultimate dance club right in their living rooms, with no peripherals required! Choose from several different modes and dance freely with no controller to tie you down. Play a wide variety of dance music and challenge up to four of your friends online.
· “Dance Paradise™” (Mindscape/Smackdown Productions) – 10th November. The idea is simple: everyone can bust a move on Dance Paradise™ thanks to an eclectic playlist and dance sequences designed for all tastes and all levels. The 40 international Hip Hop, Pop, Rock, R&B, Dance tracks will appeal to everyone, from children, parents, fans of classic hits, to even the most die-hard of clubbers, transforming their living room into a dance floor.
Co-op or Compete? The Choice is Yours
Step onto the field with the first generation of sports games that turn you whole body into the controller. Want to play soccer? With Kinect, you use your feet — not your thumbs! Hone your skills solo, or compete with friends at home and afar over Xbox LIVE. Beach volleyball, boxing, skiing and more — Kinect offers something for athletes of every stripe.
· “Kinect Sports” (Rare/Microsoft Game Studios) – 10 November. The first controller-free sports game that lets you physically compete with friends over over Xbox LIVE, “Kinect Sports” is so real, you will almost feel the wind in your hair as you fly over hurdles and the sand in your toes as you set, bump and spike your way to volleyball victory. With six full sports — Soccer, Beach Volleyball, Track & Field, Boxing, Bowling and Table Tennis — “Kinect Sports” is the only title with a Team vs. Team mode, allowing the whole family to play in a fast-paced tournament style competition.
· “MotionSports™” (Ubisoft) – 10 November. Grab your friends and rush the living room — it is time to catapult into the wide world of “Motion Sports.” Race down the slopes of a Super G slalom, score a mind-blowing penalty kick, duck-and-run your way to a game-winning touchdown, or throw punches at the champ as you test your skills in more than 40 awesome sports challenges. “Motion Sports” live in-game commentary will follow your hits and misses, as you compete to go from local hero to a global sports phenomenon.
· “Sports Island Freedom” (Konami/Hudson Soft) – 25 November [Continental Europe] / 26 November [UK] “Sports Island Freedom” marks Hudson Soft’s first use of Kinect technology, and boasts ten new sporting events designed especially for the motion-control system. Players will compete in specially-created games of Tennis, Boxing, Archery, Paint Ball, Beach Volleyball, Dodge Ball, Kendo, Mogul Skiing, Snowboard Cross and Figure Skating – each of which enjoys a bespoke control system.
Thrills, Spills and All-Out Action
Get your adrenaline fix with new, controller-free ways to race and rumble. Kinect removes the barrier between you and your games, delivering action and excitement like nothing you’ve experienced before.
· “Kinect Joy Ride” (Big Park/Microsoft Game Studios) – 10 November. “Kinect Joy Ride,” the first controller-free racing game, will take you and your friends on the ride of your lives — no driver’s license required. “Kinect Joy Ride” combines wild kart-racing excitement with the effortless fun of full-body gaming possible only with Kinect for Xbox 360. Go solo, or compete with up to eight players over Xbox LIVE to take on the world.1
· “Fighters Uncaged” (Ubisoft) – 10 November. Charge head first into the vicious world of illegal free fighting tournaments, where you will use every muscle in your body to battle your way to the top. Forced into a secret tournament, Simon must use what he learned from his father, an ex-boxing champ, as he faces off against violent combatants who will brutally unleash a range of mixed martial arts attacks to take him down. No guns. No blades. Your body is the deadly weapon.
· “SONIC FREE RIDERS™” (SEGA) – 10 November. “Sonic” is speeding onto Kinect for Xbox 360 in an action-packed experience unlike any other. Become your favorite character as you jump on your board and compete in adrenaline-fueled races against tough competition. For the first time, use full-motion body control to twist and turn your way through a range of stunning courses.
· “CROSSBOARD 7” (Konami) – 10 November. High-speed Crossboard racing! Control the ride with your own moves and perform cool tricks! Play solo or challenge a friend in heated two-player battles! 7 crazy game modes and 7 worlds to race across! A full body Kinect experience!
For less than the price of four tickets to see “The Nutcracker” this holiday, Kinect is a gift that awakens the living room all year round with laughter, camaraderie, and the simple joy of new experiences shared with family and friends. The all-in-one Xbox 360 4GB Console with Kinect includes the new Xbox 360 4GB console, Kinect sensor and “Kinect Adventures,” priced at €299 Estimated Retail Price (ERP). Or for those who have an Xbox 360 console at home, the stand-alone Kinect for Xbox 360 priced at €149 (ERP) includes the Kinect sensor and “Kinect Adventures” and works with the 42 million Xbox 360 consoles currently in homes worldwide.
So much more than just games, Kinect brings entertainment to life in magical new ways, offering controller-free TV, movies, music and sports and connecting family and friends from coast-to-coast with video chat from the comfort of the living room. With Xbox LIVE, jump right into a movie in instant-on 1080p high-definition simply by saying “Xbox, play,” or thumb through millions of songs from Zune with just a wave of your hand. With cutting-edge experiences for movie buffs, music lovers, sports gurus and gamers alike, Kinect and Xbox 360 bring the living room of the future home this holiday